NEW ENGLAND NARRATOR RETREAT 2023
USE THIS PAGE TO RESERVE THE WORKSHOP AND TO STAY ON-SITE AT THE WARREN CENTER. THE WORKSHOP PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE WARREN CENTER ROOM & BOARD.
9.8.23: — WE ARE SOLD OUT! IF YOU STILL WISH TO ATTEND & STAY OFF-SITE, SEND ME A DM!
AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE YOU WILL SEE A LINK TO GET A ROOM AT THE WARREN CENTER. USE THAT LINK. YOU DON’T CALL THE WARREN CENTER – PLEASE USE THE LINK!
THIS IS THE LINK. IT’S ALSO APPEARS LATER ON THIS PAGE: WARREN CENTER ROOM RESERVATION LINK (This is for the room – NOT the workshop! Read on, all shall become clear): https://www.skywaresystems.net:444/SkyBook?PropertyRowID=366&HotelID=1&Code=350859C61253
We will be back at the Warren Conference Center in Ashland, MA – near Boston.
The New England Narrator Retreat is a chance to take your craft and your career to new heights in a relaxed atmosphere of camaraderie and community. You’ll meet friends new and old and have a chance to get to know your colleagues, coaches and publishers –all while taking some deep dives into the audiobook world.
JOHNNY HELLER, JO ANNA PERRIN, SEAN ALLEN PRATT, PAUL ALAN RUBEN, PAULA PARKER, CAROL MONDA, JOEL LESLIE FROOMKIN, DON BAARNS, TOM DHEERE, ANA CLEMENTS
PUBLISHERS: DREAMSCAPE – ERICK BLACK, ORANGESKY/SPOTIFY – RINN KRAUS & RUFINA DEANGELIS, MACMILLAN – STEVE WAGNER
AGENDA (SUBJECT TO CHANGE!)
MONDAY OCT 16TH
4PM – CHECK IN
6PM – 12AM: COCKTAILS
7:45PM -8:45PM: LISTENERS LOUNGE #1
7:45PM – ?: FIREPIT #1
8:45-? KARAOKE #1
TUESDAY OCT 17TH
9:40-10:50AM: PUBLISHERS PANEL #1 – INTROS/WELCOME & PUBLISHER Q&A #1 – MC:JOHNNY
11-11:45AM BREAKOUT SESSIONS –
PUBLISHERS MAY/WILL ATTEND ANY SESSION!
- GENRE DEEP DIVE: MEMOIR V HOW TO V BUSINESS ( BREAKING DOWN NONFICTION GENRES Sean & Jo Anna
- ACTING DEEP DIVE: SELF-DIRECTION – WHAT THE ACTOR NEEDS TO KNOW – Paul & Paula
- FOMO/IMPOSTOR SYNDROME/ANXIETY – HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR FEELINGS AND CARRY ON – Ana & Johnny
- GENRE DEEP DIVE: ROMANCE/EROTICA/LGBTQ & MORE – Joel & Carol
- BUSINESS TIPS YOU NEED: HOW TO BUILD & USE A BUSINESS TEMPLATE NO MATTER HOW FAR ALONG YOU ARE IN YOUR AUDIOBOOK CAREER Tom & Don
1:30-3:30pm DIRECTED READINGS
- PAULA- Arts
- JOHNNY – Lobby
- SEAN & JO ANNA – Reservoir A
- JOEL & CAROL – Reservoir B
- PAUL – Pines
- 2:45-4:30 – SOCIAL MEDIA FOR AUDIOBOOK SUCCESS – TOM & DON – TENT (if you want to attend this session, let your coach know so you can read early!)
4/4:30pm-5/5:30pm: Optional session offerings from our colleagues (TBD)
*4:30pm: TOM DHEERE: THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM – AI AND YOU
*4:30PM : ANA CLEMENTS: PAUSING & PACING IN YOUR NARRATION & YOUR BUSINESS
7:30PM-8:30PM: LISTENERS LOUNGE #2
7:30PM-?: FIREPIT #2
8:30PM-? KARAOKE #2
WEDNESDAY OCT 18TH
9:40-10:50AM PUBLISHER PANEL #2 – PUBLISHER Q&A DEUX! MC- JOHNNY
11-11:45AM BREAKOUT SESSIONS
PUBLISHERS MAY/WILL ATTEND ANY SESSION!
- – DEEP DIVE: MYSTERY,THRILLER, TRUE CRIME (and a word on comedy) –Johnny
- CREATING YOUR BRAND Sean & Ana
- PLAYING POV – CHOICES & DIRECTION – Paul & Joel
- THE FEMALE NARRATOR – GENRES, OPPORTUNITIES, ISSUES – Carol, Jo Anna, Paula
- HOW TO BEST USE LINKEDIN & OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES – Tom & Don
1:30-3:30 DIRECTED READINGS
- PAULA- Arts
- JO ANNA & CAROL – Reservoir A
- JOEL – Reservoir B
- JOHNNY & SEAN – Pines
- PAUL- Lobby
- 2:45-4:30PM: BUSINESS/TECH Q & A – TOM & DON – TENT
4/4:30pm-5/5:30PM: Optional sessions offerings from our colleagues (TBD)
4:30: TOM DHEERE –VO GENRES. MORE THAN AUDIOBOOKS!
4:30: ANA CLEMENTS – DO YOUR VALUES & YOUR CAREER ALIGN?
7:30-8:30PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #3
7:30-? FIREPIT #3
8:30-? KARAOKE #3
THURSDAY OCT 19TH
8AM-10:30AM BREAKFAST/GOODBYES/LOTS OF PICTURES TO MAKE UP FOR FORGETTING TO TAKE ANY EARLIER
IMPORTANT NOTES THAT YOU WILL LIKELY IGNORE & THEN ASK ABOUT LATER:
- BREAKOUTS – I will assign rooms/spaces for every breakout and session. Going outdoors is an option if it’s nice out.
- DIRECTED READS – Erick, Rinn, Rufina and Steve will wander from session to session as they like. They are free to comment but you need feel NO pressure!
- LISTENERS LOUNGE – You will be assigned your day and time by lottery for this. NO PIECE LONGER THAN 3 MINUTES! NO GUARANTEES THAT EVERYONE WILL/CAN READ!
- YOU WILL RECEIVE A NOTE FROM ME WHEN YOU REGISTER WITH A LINK TO A GOOGLE DOCUMENT THAT WILL COVER FOOD PREFERENCES/NEEDS, LISTENERS LOUNGE, DIRECTED READINGS COACH SELECTIONS.
- THE WORKSHOP PRICE IS NOT THE SAME AS THE WARREN CENTER PRICE. YOU WILL BE BILLED BY THE WARREN CENTER.
- YOU MUST REGISTER FOR WARREN CENTER ROOMS VIA THE LINK ON THIS SITE! (the link may be in the note we send you but it must be used to get a room onsite)
- IF YOU CAN’T GET A ROOM ON SITE, YOU MUST ON BOOK THE OFF-SITE HOTEL WORKSHOP PAGE ON MY SITE. IT’S CLOSE. WE GET A SHUTTLE. THEY’RE NICE. YOU MISS NOTHING. WE HAVE A GOOD DEAL ON ROOMS!
PAYMENTS – PLEASE READ THIS
The payment you send me is for the Workshop. The Warren Center fees are separate. You will see them clearly when you click on their payment link.
WARREN CENTER ROOM RESERVATION LINK: https://www.skywaresystems.net:444/SkyBook?PropertyRowID=366&HotelID=1&Code=350859C61253
PLEASE USE THE LINK ABOVE TO BOOK WITH THE WARREN CENTER.
You don’t need to call the Front Desk! Just use the link above and you will get a confirmation email.
Your workshop fee is NOT the same as the room/board/facilities fees charged by the Warren Center. USE THE LINK FOR YOUR ROOM RESERVATION.
IF/WHEN THE WARREN CENTER FILLS UP, YOU CAN STAY AT THE OFF-SITE HOTEL. (You can also stay off-site to save some loot! Off Site hotel attendees participate in all the activities as on-site attendees. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PAGE TO REGISTER OFF-SITE.)
Costs: WORKSHOP: $825 (THIS DOES NOT COVER ROOM & BOARD!)
WARREN CENTER ROOM & BOARD & FACILITIES:
1. SINGLE ROOM: $209 p/night + taxes. Plus $610 food/facilities = $1237 plus taxes and booze.
2. DOUBLE ROOM: $249 p/night + taxes. Plus $610 food/facilities plus taxes. Room $124.50p/night @roommate = 373.50+ $610= $983.50@ plus taxes and booze.
Refunds: The Warren Conference Center has a good refund policy. You can cancel your room up to 30 days before the event. However, we cannot refund you your workshop cost if you cancel after July 1, as we will be charged for you. Workshop refunds prior to July 1 will be 1/2 the workshop fee.
If covid rears its ugly head and causes cancellations, that’s considered an “Act of God” and not a nice one at that. As to covid, we expect all attendees to be fully vaccinated. We will follow local and federal CDC guidelines on this issue.