NEW ENGLAND NARRATOR RETREAT 2021 OCTOBER 18-21, 2021
DAY TRIPPER OPTIONS (coming to the workshop but not the hotel!)
The Day Tripper is only if you are NOT staying at the Warren Center or the nearby Hotel. The nearby hotel information will be posted soon!
WE ARE BACK! Join us at the Warren Conference Center and Inn in Framingham, MA.
ALL ATTENDEES MUST BE VACCINATED. (There will be a waiver you must sign before attending!)
Here’s the story:
We feature small group classes, pertinent panel discussions, Meet & Chat with coaches in a friendly pastoral setting with your peers, time to unwind with your peers, wonderful food, picturesque grounds, and a campfire! Who could ask for anything more? Plus, a piano, great facilities and wonderful rooms!
We will meet each morning for a panel discussion and then break into small groups
AGENDA – subject to change but I hope not!
2PM-ON: CHECK IN
7:45PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #1 – And maybe some singing??
5PM – ? COCKTAILS (I have to check on the exact time for this)
7-7:30AM YOGA WITH EMILY STEWART (if you want to get up do downward barking dogs, you go ahead!)
9:30-10:30AM PANEL – WELCOME, INTROS, SPACE ASSIGNMENTS & Q&A
10:45-11:45AM BREAKOUT SESSIONS
1. COMMERCIAL VO- JOHNNY & CAROL
2. E-LEARNING -TOM DHEERE
3. CHARACTER DEEP DIVE- PAUL, JOEL, SHANNON
4. SELF DIRECTION DIRECTIONS – SCOTT, JO ANNA, SEAN
- SEAN & JO ANNA
- PAUL & CAROL
- SCOTT & JOEL
- JOHNNY & SHANNON
- TOM DHEERE – available to work with you on ELearning, Marketing, Biz Plans…etc.
4-6PM -FREE TIME
7:30-8:30PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #2
8:30PM – SING ALONG WITH MASSI
8:30PM FIRE PIT #1
7-7:30AM YOGA WITH EMILY STEWAR
7:30-9AM – BREAKFAST
9:30AM-10:30AM-PANEL – TALES FROM THE BOOTH (the best & worst stories we know)
- MARKETING/SOCIAL MEDIA – SEAN & TOM
- DIY: REACHING OUT/MAKING DEALS/OUTSOURCING & MORE- SCOTT & JOEL
- SCRIPT ANALYSIS-PREP & PERFORMANCE – PAUL, JO ANNA, SHANNON
- BACK TO BASICS- IT’S ACTING – JOHNNY & CAROL
- (Not sure yet)
1:45-3:45PM DIRECTED READINGS
- JO ANNA & CAROL
- SCOTT & SHANNON
- SEAN & PAUL
- JOHNNY & JOEL
- TOM DHEERE – Here if you want him! He knows lots about lots!
4-6PM FREE TIME
7:30PM -8:30PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #3
8:30PM FIRE PIT #2
7-7:30AM – YOGA WITH EMILY STEWART
9:30-10:30AM – PANEL – CLOSING THOUGHTS/ HEARTFELT HUGS
1. BREAKOUTS: I am not certain where or how many breakout spaces we have – we might go outside if it’s nice enough. If we have to share space, we will.
2. DIRECTED READS: Guy & Iris will roam freely from session to session. They are absolutely free to speak up and add their comments if they like/or they are free to just listen. They are not here to judge! So be at ease! Please keep your reads to 3 minutes max.
3. LISTENERS LOUNGE READINGS: These are meant to be entertaining! Please try to keep the reads to 5 minutes or less or Paul Ruben will stare at you with disdain, Scott Brick will look at you sternly and Joel Froomkin will give you an evil eye roll. NO ONE has to read and NO ONE has to listen. Go to the fire pit or bar if you like. We will try to keep these reads to an hour or an hour and half.
COACHES: JOHNNY HELLER, JO ANNA PERRIN, PAUL RUBEN, CAROL MONDA, SEAN PRATT, TOM DHEERE, SCOTT BRICK, JOEL LESLIE FROOMKIN
PUBLISHERS: IRIS McELROY – HARPER COLLINS; GUY OLDFIELD – MACMILLAN
The workshop is $750. We have 3 Day Tripper options outlined below.
Your purchase covers your admission to the classes and coaching for the weekend. Food/facilities fees/taxes etc. must be paid to Conference Center. YOU MUST FILL OUT THE ATTACHED FORM & GIVE YOUR CC INFORMATION TO THE WARREN CENTER.
YOU WILL BE CHARGED $200. THE REMAINDER OF YOUR BILL WILL BE DUE CLOSER TO THE EVENT. Unlike Whispering Pines, you must pay this deposit to hold your space. It is not optional.
* You will get an email with links to the forms you must fill out.
WORKSHOP COST – $750 PAYABLE TO [email protected] -paypal.
- OPTION A: Monday night Dinner, All Day Tuesday and Wednesday (breakfast lunch and dinner) $424.00 due to Warren Center
- OPTION B: Tuesday and Wednesday (breakfast, lunch and dinner) $380.80 due to Warren Center
- OPTION C: Monday – Thursday (Monday dinner, T/W breakfast.lunch and dinner and Thursday breakfast. $457.60 due to Warren Center
Refunds: The Warren Conference Center has a refund policy – basically, you can’t get one unless they can’t provide their services due to acts of God or Covid closures.
We may be able refund at least part of your workshop fee -depending on what we have to pay the venue up to May 15th. We cannot refund your Room & Board fees if your cancelation is your choice.