NEW ENGLAND NARRATOR RETREAT 2021 OCTOBER 18-21, 2021
WE ARE BACK! Join us at the Warren Conference Center and Inn in Framingham, MA.
ALL ATTENDEES MUST BE VACCINATED. (There will be a waiver you must sign before attending!)
Here’s the story:
We feature small group classes, pertinent panel discussions, Meet & Chat with coaches in a friendly pastoral setting with your peers, time to unwind with your peers, wonderful food, picturesque grounds, and a campfire! Who could ask for anything more? Plus, a piano, great facilities and wonderful rooms!
We will meet each morning for a panel discussion and then break into small groups,
AGENDA: (Subject to change, but I hope not)
2PM-ON: CHECK IN
7:45PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #1 – And maybe some singing??
5PM – ? COCKTAILS (I have to check on the exact time for this)
7-7:30AM YOGA WITH EMILY STEWART (if you want to get up do downward barking dogs, you go ahead!)
9:30-10:30AM PANEL – WELCOME, INTROS, SPACE ASSIGNMENTS & Q&A
10:45-11:45AM BREAKOUT SESSIONS
1. COMMERCIAL VO- JOHNNY & CAROL
2. E-LEARNING -TOM DHEERE
3. CHARACTER DEEP DIVE- PAUL, JOEL, SHANNON
4. SELF DIRECTION DIRECTIONS – SCOTT, JO ANNA, SEAN
- SEAN & JO ANNA
- PAUL & CAROL
- SCOTT & JOEL
- JOHNNY & SHANNON
- TOM DHEERE – available to work with you on ELearning, Marketing, Biz Plans…etc.
4-6PM -FREE TIME
7:30-8:30PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #2
8:30PM – SING ALONG WITH MASSI
8:30PM FIRE PIT #1
7-7:30AM YOGA WITH EMILY STEWAR
7:30-9AM – BREAKFAST
9:30AM-10:30AM-PANEL – TALES FROM THE BOOTH (the best & worst stories we know)
- MARKETING/SOCIAL MEDIA – SEAN & TOM
- DIY: REACHING OUT/MAKING DEALS/OUTSOURCING & MORE- SCOTT & JOEL
- SCRIPT ANALYSIS-PREP & PERFORMANCE – PAUL, JO ANNA, SHANNON
- BACK TO BASICS- IT’S ACTING – JOHNNY & CAROL
- (Not sure yet)
1:45-3:45PM DIRECTED READINGS
- JO ANNA & CAROL
- SCOTT & SHANNON
- SEAN & PAUL
- JOHNNY & JOEL
- TOM DHEERE – Here if you want him! He knows lots about lots!
4-6PM FREE TIME
7:30PM -8:30PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #3
8:30PM FIRE PIT #2
7-7:30AM – YOGA WITH EMILY STEWART
9:30-10:30AM – PANEL – CLOSING THOUGHTS/ HEARTFELT HUGS
1. BREAKOUTS: I am not certain where or how many breakout spaces we have – we might go outside if it’s nice enough. If we have to share space, we will.
2. DIRECTED READS: Guy & Iris will roam freely from session to session. They are absolutely free to speak up and add their comments if they like/or they are free to just listen. They are not here to judge! So be at ease! Please keep your reads to 3 minutes max.
3. LISTENERS LOUNGE READINGS: These are meant to be entertaining! Please try to keep the reads to 5 minutes or less or Paul Ruben will stare at you with disdain, Scott Brick will look at you sternly and Joel Froomkin will give you an evil eye roll. NO ONE has to read and NO ONE has to listen. Go to the fire pit or bar if you like. We will try to keep these reads to an hour or an hour and half.
COACHES: JOHNNY HELLER, JO ANNA PERRIN, PAUL RUBEN, CAROL MONDA, SEAN PRATT, TOM DHEERE, SCOTT BRICK, JOEL LESLIE FROOMKIN, SHANNON PARKS
PUBLISHERS: IRIS McELROY – PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE; GUY OLDFIELD – MACMILLAN
Registration & Accommodations
Your purchase covers your admission to the classes and coaching for the weekend. Room & Board are paid to the Warren Conference Center. YOU MUST FILL OUT THE ATTACHED FORM & GIVE YOUR CC INFORMATION TO THE WARREN CENTER.
YOU WILL BE CHARGED $300. THE REMAINDER OF YOUR BILL WILL BE DUE CLOSER TO THE EVENT. Unlike Whispering Pines, you must pay this deposit to hold our space. It is not optional.
There are a few singles available at the venue and then we will use a nearby hotel if we need more room. There are no more doubles available at this time.
* You will get an email with links to the forms you must fill out.
You can share a single with a friend, but you will be sharing a Queen size bed.
There is a property 10 minutes away that has doubles, but you would need a car to get to and fro – mostly fro.
If you are bringing a spouse/partner, go for a single and send $600 instead of $300. (Workshop fees will not apply to your spouse/partner – unless they want to attend!)
Warren Center Room & Board –
Monday – Thursday (Monday dinner only & Thursday breakfast only)
Single – $965.33
Double -$719.16 @person (only 14 of these rooms!)
WORKSHOP COST – $750 PAYABLE TO [email protected] -paypal.
Refunds: The Warren Conference Center has a refund policy – basically, you can’t get one unless they can’t provide their services due to acts of God or Covid closures.
We may be able refund at least part of your workshop fee -depending on what we have to pay the venue up to May 15th. We cannot refund your Room & Board fees if your cancelation is your choice.