PLEASE USE THIS FORM IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THE WORKSHOP ONLY & DON’T WANT/NEED OVERNIGHT ROOMS!
Here’s the story:
We feature small group classes, pertinent panel discussions, Meet & Chat with coaches in a friendly pastoral setting, time to unwind with your peers, wonderful food, picturesque grounds, and a campfire! Who could ask for anything more? Plus, a piano, great facilities and wonderful rooms!
We will meet each morning for a panel discussion and then break into small groups.
AGENDA: (Subject to change – we will update the topics- and we will likely be adding coaches as needed! UPDATE COMING SOON! WE’VE ADDED IRIS MCELROY OF PRH, KELLY RINN OF SPECTRUM AUDIO & JOEL LESLIE FROOMKIN SO…)
2PM-ON: CHECK IN
7:45PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #1
7:45 PM FIREPIT #1
9:45-10:45AM PANEL – WELCOME, INTROS, SPACE ASSIGNMENTS & PUBLISHER Q&A
11-11:45AM BREAKOUT SESSIONS
1.THE NARRATOR/PUBLISHER RELATIONSHIP: MC: SCOTT – ERICK BLACK,KELLY RINN, IRIS MCELROY & GUY OLDFIELD
2. E-LEARNING -TOM DHEERE
3. NON FICTION QUANDARIES – HOW FAR TO GO W CHARACTER & MORE – JOHNNY, PAUL & JO ANNA
4. SELF DIRECTION DIRECTIONS – JOEL & PAULA
5. IMPROVING QUALITY – WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER – DON BAARNS
6. COMMERCIALS, NARRATION, OTHER VO GENRES: CAROL
1:45-3:45 DIRECTED READINGS
- CAROL & JO ANNA
- SCOTT & JOEL
- 2:45- 4:00 MARKETING VIA SOCIAL MEDIA: TOM DHEERE/DON BAARNS – Come to this after you read!
4-6PM -FREE TIME- EXPLORE! WANDER ABOUT! CHAT!
6 pm: BAR
7:30-8:30PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #2
7:30PM FIRE PIT #2
8:00-9:30AM – BREAKFAST
9:45AM-10:45AM-PANEL: DUAL – PUBLISHER Q&A
- BUSINESS PLANS – TOM
- GENRES- WHAT THEY MEAN TO THE NARRATOR – CAROL & SCOTT
- SCRIPT ANALYSIS: WHAT DOES THE AUTHOR SAY?-PREP & PERFORMANCE – PAUL & JOEL
- GETTING ON THE RADAR WITH PUBLISHERS/Q&A: JOHNNY & JO ANNA: ERIC BLACK, KELLY RINN, IRIS MCELROY & GUY OLDFIELD
- MAXIMIZING CONFERENCE RESULTS-LEARNING/PRACTICE HACKS – DON BAARNS
1:45-3:45PM DIRECTED READINGS
- JO ANNA & PAULA
- CAROL & JOEL
- 2:45- 4:00 MARKETING VIA SOCIAL MEDIA:TOM DHEERE/DON BAARNS -Come after you do your readings.
4-6PM FREE TIME -EXPLORE! WANDER ABOUT! CHAT!
7:30PM -8:30PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #3
7:45PM FIRE PIT #3
9:45-10:30AM – PANEL – CLOSING THOUGHTS/ HEARTFELT HUGS
1. BREAKOUTS: I am not certain where or how many breakout spaces we have – we might go outside if it’s nice enough. If we have to share space, we will.
2. DIRECTED READS: Erick,Kelly, Iris and Giuy will roam freely from session to session. They are absolutely free to speak up and add their comments if they like/or they are free to just listen. They are not here to judge! So be at ease! Please keep your reads to 3 minutes max.
3. LISTENERS LOUNGE READINGS: These are meant to be entertaining! Please try to keep the reads to 5 minutes or less or Paul Ruben will stare at you with disdain, Sean Pratt will look at you sternly and Jo Anna will give you an evil eye roll. NO ONE has to read and NO ONE has to listen. Go to the fire pit or bar if you like. We will try to keep these reads to an hour or an hour and half.
COACHES: JOHNNY HELLER, JO ANNA PERRIN, SCOTT BRICK, PAUL RUBEN, PAULA PARKER, CAROL MONDA, TOM DHEERE, DON BAARNS, JOEL LESLIE FROOMKIN
PUBLISHERS: ERICK BLACK – DREAMSCAPE, GUY OLDFIELD – MACMILLAN, IRIS MCELROY – PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE, KELLY RINNE – SPECTRUM AUDIOBOOKS
Registration & Accommodations
* You will get an email with links to the CC form you must fill out. Send the completed CC Form back to the Warren Center – [email protected] – with “New England Narrator Retreat” in the subject line! THIS FORM IS FOR YOUR CC AUTHORIZATION FOR FOOD/VENUE CHARGES.
(Your $775 purchase covers your admission to the classes and coaching for the weekend. Room & Board are paid to the Warren Conference Center separately.)
YOU WILL BE CHARGED A DEPOSIT BY THE WARREN CENTER. THIS IS THE SAME COST AS LAST YEAR! THIS COVERS MEETING SPACE AND WARREN CENTER EXPENSES.
- A – DINNER MONDAY, ALL MEALS TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY, BREAKFAST THURSDAY- $559.22
B- DINNER MONDAY, ALL MEALS TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY – $529.26
- C- ALL MEALS TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY $468.30
CANCELLATIONS: You can cancel the hotel 3 days before the event! You can cancel the workshop until June 15 to get a refund. After that, we cannot offer a refund.