NEW ENGLAND NARRATOR RETREAT 2023 – DAY TRIPPERS REGISTRATION. IF YOU LIVE/STAY NEARBY BUT WILL NOT JOIN US OVERNIGHT, THIS IS FOR YOU!
9.10.23: WE HAVE ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT. IF THE REGISTRATION SHOWS “SOLD OUT” -SEND ME A DM & WE SHALL SEE IF WE CAN DO ANTYTHING.
USE THIS PAGE TO ATTEND THE WORKSHOP BUT NOT USING WARREN CENTER ROOMS OR HOLIDAY INN EPRESS ROOMS.
The Workshop will be at the Warren Conference Center in Ashland, MA – near Boston.
The New England Narrator Retreat is a chance to take your craft and your career to new heights in a relaxed atmosphere of camaraderie and community. You’ll meet friends new and old and have a chance to get to know your colleagues, coaches and publishers –all while taking some deep dives into the audiobook world.
JOHNNY HELLER, JO ANNA PERRIN, SEAN ALLEN PRATT, PAUL ALAN RUBEN, PAULA PARKER, CAROL MONDA, JOEL LESLIE FROOMKIN, DON BAARNS, TOM DHEERE, ANA CLEMENTS
PUBLISHERS: DREAMSCAPE – ERICK BLACK, ORANGESKY/SPOTIFY – RINN KRAUS & RUFINA DEANGELIS, MACMILLAN – STEVE WAGNER
AGENDA (SUBJECT TO CHANGE!)
MONDAY OCT 16TH
4PM – CHECK IN
6PM – 12AM: COCKTAILS
7:45PM -8:45PM: LISTENERS LOUNGE #1
7:45PM – ?: FIREPIT #1
8:45-? KARAOKE #1
TUESDAY OCT 17TH
9:40-10:50AM: PANEL #1 – INTROS/WELCOME – PUBLISHER Q&A #1 – MC: Johnny
11-11:45AM BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- GENRE DEEP DIVE: MEMOIR V HOW TO V BUSINESS ( BREAKING DOWN NONFICTION GENRES Sean & Jo Anna
- ACTING DEEP DIVE: SELF-DIRECTION – WHAT THE ACTOR NEEDS TO KNOW – Paul & Paula
- FOMO/IMPOSTOR SYNDROME/ANXIETY – HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR FEELINGS AND CARRY ON – Ana & Johnny
- GENRE DEEP DIVE: ROMANCE/EROTICA/LGBTQ & MORE – Joel & Carol
- BUSINESS TIPS YOU NEED: HOW TO BUILD & USE A BUSINESS TEMPLATE NO MATTER HOW FAR ALONG YOU ARE IN YOUR AUDIOBOOK CAREER Tom & Don
1:30-3:30pm DIRECTED READINGS
- PAULA- Arts
- JOHNNY – Lobby
- SEAN & JO ANNA – Reservoir A
- JOEL & CAROL – Reservoir B
- PAUL – Pines
- 2:45-4:30 – SOCIAL MEDIA FOR AUDIOBOOK SUCCESS – TOM & DON – TENT (if you want to attend this session, let your coach know so you can read early!)
4/4:30pm-5/5:30pm: Optional session offerings from our colleagues (TBD)
*4:30pm: TOM DHEERE: THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM – AI AND YOU
*4:30PM: ANA CLEMENTS: PAUSING & PACING IN YOUR NARRATION & IN YOUR BUSINESS
7:30PM-8:30PM: LISTENERS LOUNGE #2
7:30PM-?: FIREPIT #2
8:30PM-? KARAOKE #2
WEDNESDAY OCT 18TH
9:40-10:50AM PANEL – PUBLISHERS Q&A #2! MC: Johnny
11-11:45AM BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- DEEP DIVE: MYSTERY,THRILLER, TRUE CRIME (and a word on comedy)- Johnny
- CREATING YOUR BRAND Sean & Ana
- PLAYING/FINDING SUBTEXT- CHOICES & DIRECTION – Paul & Joel
- THE FEMALE NARRATOR – GENRES, OPPORTUNITIES, ISSUES – Carol, Jo Anna, Paula
- HOW TO BEST USE LINKEDIN & OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES – Tom & Don
1:30-3:30 DIRECTED READINGS
- PAULA- Arts
- JO ANNA & CAROL – Reservoir A
- JOEL – Reservoir B
- JOHNNY & SEAN – Pines
- PAUL- Lobby
- 2:45-4:30PM: BUSINESS/TECH Q & A – TOM & DON – TENT
4/4:30pm-5/5:30PM: Optional sessions offerings from our colleagues (TBD)
*4:30pm: TOM DHEERE: VO GENRES – SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST AUDIOBOOKS
*4:30pm: ANA CLEMENTS: DO YOUR VALUES & CAREER ALIGN?
7:30-8:30PM LISTENERS LOUNGE #3
7:30-? FIREPIT #3
8:30-? KARAOKE #3
THURSDAY OCT 19TH
8AM-10:30AM BREAKFAST/GOODBYES/LOTS OF PICTURES TO MAKE UP FOR FORGETTING TO TAKE ANY EARLIER
IMPORTANT NOTES THAT YOU WILL LIKELY IGNORE & THEN ASK ABOUT LATER:
- BREAKOUTS – I will assign rooms/spaces for every breakout and session. Going outdoors is an option if it’s nice out.
- DIRECTED READS – Erick, Rinn, Rufina and Steve will wander from session to session as they like. They are free to comment but you need feel NO pressure!
- LISTENERS LOUNGE – You will be assigned your day and time by lottery for this. NO PIECE LONGER THAN 3 MINUTES! NO GUARANTEES THAT EVERYONE WILL/CAN READ!
- YOU WILL RECEIVE A NOTE FROM ME WHEN YOU REGISTER WITH A LINK TO A GOOGLE DOCUMENT THAT WILL COVER FOOD PREFERENCES/NEEDS, LISTENERS LOUNGE, DIRECTED READINGS COACH SELECTIONS.
- THE WORKSHOP PRICE IS NOT THE SAME AS THE WARREN CENTER PRICE. YOU WILL BE BILLED BY THE WARREN CENTER FOR FOOD/FACILITIES.
PAYMENTS – PLEASE READ THIS
The payment you send me is for the Workshop. The Warren Center fees are separate. You will get a bill from the Warren Center.
Costs: WORKSHOP: $825 (THIS DOES NOT COVER WARREN CENTER FEES!)
WARREN CENTER FEES: $610 + TAXES ( Should be around $651…)
Refunds: We cannot refund you your workshop cost if you cancel after July 1, as we will be charged for you. Workshop refunds prior to July 1 will be 1/2 the workshop fee.
If covid rears its ugly head and causes cancellations, that’s considered an “Act of God” and not a nice one at that. As to covid, we expect all attendees to be fully vaccinated. We will follow local and federal CDC guidelines on this issue.